Monday, March 21, 2011

A Foundation Faith?... The First Building Block of Complex Religious Perspective...

Hi there readers, if there are any of you out there, either way this serves a purpose. Anyway,... I have been away for so long because I was unusually freaking busy for 3 weeks, it seemed, but as hindsight is always 20/20 I do not necessarily think my lack of Blogging was due to busyness alone. Really I have not had anything to complain about in some religious sect that I could rant about.

This Blog is about my own spiritual development and intense displacement of Western thinking in the regard to religion and the path to find what I believe to be the divine truth. I need to take perspective and do what needs to be done. A further and more objective analysis of religion is required to find what I hold to be truth, truth rooted in logic, as all absolute truths must be.

As I look back at the Blog Archive of Blog Posts I think, "well, it was written pretty well but... in some degree I have been judgmental". Which was one my main reason I believe for my religious "awakening" occurring. I never want to be judgmental, even of the religions, or of the followers of said religions, that are really frickin out there, and maybe even written by L. Ron Hubbard =}. Really though I think even if you believe in aliens under the earth that makes everything happen (because people do) you should be able to believe in it and practice their religion accordingly (as long as it does not harm others, of course).

But I digress....and do have an announcement to make. I do have a Foundation Faith to what I coin Logical Spiritualism. Everyone is probably wondering what a Foundation Faith is, well... that is because I just made it up. However, it is relevant and will make sense... in a moment. 

A Foundation Faith to me is the basis of my belief in my religion, Logical Spiritualism, there is that word again. The Foundation Faith is the first building block in my religious construct. So what is my Foundation Faith?... Buddhism!... Yes, I am serious... Jeesshh... If any one reading this knows me and has for years we will give you a moment to pick your jaw up... Okay... Can we move on... Okay...

I find that the all teachings of Gautama Buddha to not be dismissive by science, which all other mainstream religions are,... except maybe the far fetched ones that I must disqualify based on general logic and reason. I love the fact that Creation, or a God(s), is not the purpose of the religion, or a main thought, it really holds no place in the basis of Buddhism. It is all about reducing suffering in all sentient beings, or at least that is the best one-liner describer I can think of.

I still have trouble not thinking of a Creator God, and to be honest I cannot say there isn't one but I know that what I need to do now is reduce suffering, in myself, and everyone around me... and everyone I ever meet for the rest of this life and all others... A side note, I was an arrogant "spirit-filled" toxic Messianic Jew and prior to that an  arrogant "spirit-filled" toxic Christian. I told everyone about it too, for 24 years... I started at 5, preaching and speaking in tongues, as the Christian, and about 11 years ago flipped to Messianic Judaism as the person in my family that I followed the path of did the same. It seems I could not think for myself when it came to religion, this is my fault. I might have attained an enlighten state already if I would have took the path less traveled, thanks Robert Frost;)

Now everyone may need some time to pick there jaws up... Okay, lets struggle on. Why did this dramatic change happen? I do not known exactly and think it will be a number of years before I find out why. However, I know that it is was right because I am not a toxic person anymore. I am just a student of all religions following the main principles of Buddhism (I am not a Buddhist, I have not taken the oath, not sure it I every will) that is still finding truth using logic, science, and reason while studying, thereby being what I have coining a Logical Spiritualism.

So do you have a Foundation Faith?... Do you want one?... Better yet do you need one?... If you answered yes to any of those start to study, pick up a lot of books and define yourself,... let no one define you.

Final Thought: You need not find the right religion... You need to find the right religion for you...

Until we meet again.

-automachi

No comments:

Post a Comment