Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hope for Atheists? I Cannot Understand It...

That is a question I have never been able to answer. I am searching for the right path for me, the logical path, but I do know there is something beyond. The human spirit has too much essence and strength to just end with the last 90 second of your life after synapses in your brain stop to fire. I know there is something beyond, there has to be, and no one will convince me otherwise of that. 

Science can disprove religion all it wants, and at least to some degree to nearly all of them, from a historic time frame perspective at least. I know there is error in all sacred texts and I will tell you how. An interpretation is just a unique translation from someone. This is a fact unless you have physical proof, or equivalent of some nature, then that statement gets skewed. You see human error everyday and we all are guilty of it, that is a fact of life. Now...that leads me to how I think the sacred texts are disproved... Even a prophet can commit errors because they are as human as we are and they are taking their translation from a Higher Power. When they wrote the sacred texts the prophets of the more large religions I highly doubt they took into account all the additional translations to languages yet to be spoken and that these would be passed down for thousands of years. However, if you take any of the major religions, and some that aren't major, from a high level and do what their sacred texts tell you to you would be what most people consider an overall great person by the attributes you would possess. Now that is interesting. 

Sorry readers I have gotten on the my original topic and on to human error in religion, ironically that tends to happen. Back to my original topic (read the title if you forgot). I truly believe in a higher power with some construct. I just do not know the construct of my personal belief. I turned my back on my original beliefs because as it was it turned you into a hypocrite, a lot of religions can do that real easy. 

For those who believe in a higher power typically believe in afterlife, correct? I too share that belief. I tie my general "hope" belief in that there is something after this...the right now... I do not know if this is common or if I am just weird, probably just weird, but that is also the reason I cannot answer that question (read the title again). 

I just cannot wrap my head around a true atheist having the hope for the future for them, maybe for future generations, I could see logic there, I have hope for future generations but there is no end of the tunnel for me because I believe in some sort of life/existence beyond this plain. An Atheist's tunnel has an ending. When your dead your dead, that is it. 

I think it comes down to having the belief in a Higher Power changes your perspectives of numerous things how hope is viewed can be one. Everyone should be entitled to believe whatever they want, with no criticism, unless it harms others.  


On a side note some of my Blog Posts may have came off as me judging others, that is not the case, just mentioning things I have notice. Sorry if any feel as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment