Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lifelong Student of Religion

I have studied religion just as hard as I did in college, however, I have been a student of religion since, well a little prior to be 5 years old at a guess. So needless to say I have been studying religion for longer than...well....anything else. The reason I say I started as a religious student at that age is because I became what some Christian sects refer to as becoming "spirit filled" and given the gift of "speaking in tongues" when I was 5 so I guess my first exposure to religion had to be prior, hence the time frame I gave. This is when this is the Holy Spirit, which is also called the Holy Ghost in some Christian sects, entered my life. Even in distant hindsight, this was a big life event that had occurred to me at that young age. This is my first memory, in my life, that I can recall vividly, which is big because of that significance of being my first memory in life.. Even with my "Wake-Up" earlier this year this still holds significance to me. As to why this is I must reflect and figure out what this really means to me as well as to my movement as the first Logical Spiritualist and the sojourning to create something to bridge science and religion. I do have my work cut out for me...

When you grow up in a very religious home the bible is shoved down your throat and you are told that you are right and everyone else is wrong if their beliefs vary from yours. I did not have what I can say as a true religious choice until the Wake-Up...

No comments:

Post a Comment