Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Refuge in the Triple Gem....?.....?.....?

Through my treading through this theological "wake up" of mine, well, really, even before that, I have been attracted to the "mediation" centered religions which I cannot source the signification too. I find that to be interesting like I want to find Nirvana or something. Well, you know...maybe I do.


Another parallel is on almost all, well...on all rather, of my theological exploration, or what have you, I only looked deep into monotheistic type philosophy and sacred texts. I am still exploring just those "type" of religious thought. Maybe I need to widen my search to an even wider spectrum??? I think so.


With so many to choose from what is truth? This question did not exist in my mind until 2010. Until then I had a stern answer and you were just wrong. Your beliefs could not be true if they differed from mine. I do not know what caused my "wake up", or me finally realizing religion had to sync with Logic. Notice how I always capitalize the "L", think about that for a little while.........


Wider scope of religious exploration will be required that is for sure. I wonder how long this long journey will take. I have a feeling a lifetime. That is why there have been so little true prophets and so many false ones, the lack of religious truth.


Have not started the "Chariots of the Gods" yet but I want to I just not have been able to pick it up. I think I will chalk that down to a bit of not feeling a that great the last couple days and procrastination. However, I will reading it soon and bring forth some of my conclusions. Amazingly I did a little research on Buddhism and discovered the phrase that makes up the title of this post (minus the all the punctuation except the first period). It is based on the foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community). Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist. I find a unique parallel between a Buddhist declaring that and a Catholic "throwing" the Sign of the Cross up. (a side note, if you have a sense of humor that is, if Catholics were a gang the Sign of the Cross would be like stackin, lol, sorry came to mind had to say, I mean write it). Until next time a thought comes to mind and I decide to write it....



1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing about my side note in the original post.

    (a side note, if you have a sense of humor that is, if Catholics were a gang the Sign of the Cross would be like stackin, lol, sorry came to mind had to say, I mean write it)

    ReplyDelete