Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Deja Vu, Rebirth, and Christ and Samsara on the Side...

Hello Readers and welcome back. I am enjoying writing more frequently... which is good but this one is just because I really want to write... so this piece could be a real piece, I guess we will see... Enjoy!
Reincarnation is a topic that a lot of people try to stay away from in the West, at least in my experience... likely due to the predominance of Christianity in the U.S. As I have mentioned numerous times in my Blog I studied and practiced Judeo-Christian for 23 years, until I was “enlighten” in late 2010, however, I always have believed in reincarnation... i lied every time I was asked the question under the Faith but I always believed in this “idea”. Even in that Faith I could not shake that reincarnation is real and now being a Buddhist I can answer the question wholeheartedly... Déjà vu is a unique feeling that some people attribute to a phenomenon in the brain, but I truly think it is more than that, especially those who get it very frequently... like I do. That feeling used to send a chill down my spine, but... not anymore. I actually like the feeling because it just reasserts my belief in this idea.
Let’s state reincarnation does not exist and we look through the eye of a Christian (Some form of Protestant). They make mention of animals in heaven as well as humans, angels, the Godhead, etc. Are the dinosaurs tramping around near the Mercy Seat in heaven? I doubt it. Or every animal being up “there”? Not to mention all the lives of good “hominids” throughout time? Wouldn't Heaven have a serious over population problem, I am sure Hell would have the same problem as there is more bad than good using the Bible as a guide as to what defines the truly good <true, but with sarcasm>, but it is Hell right, so I guess overcrowding is a fitting torment added to all the other things that the Bible actually mentions about Hell itself? It just does not sit well with me. Think about all those separate entities just floating around praising an deity forever and on the flip side a bunch more entities in torment forever... When you sum it up like that if it does not make you have questions your blind... Oh, and highest cause of death for centuries was this religion... The Pope was a Don for hundreds of years with the Church being the Commission bleeding corruption and sin itself. In one lifetime it is highly unlikely you will make it to pure happiness or pure torment... no matter what you want to call them... 
Got a little off base there... sorry even those who have had a small enlightenment still has a lifetime left for improvement... I wish I would have been following the Dharma for now for nearly 25 years instead of 23 years on the Judeo-Christian path and 1.5 years following the Dharma... Hindsight is always 20/20 though. Now I would not cast all my learning of Judeo-Christianity (11 years Charismatic Christian and 12 years Messianic Judaism with gentile blood) because I did learn a lot of good things from the Bible. I truly believe that if you follow Christianity properly, as you see fit, and are good to yourself and others you will go to a better place, likely not the heaven you had expected but you will never know that, or at least not for some time on the plane. The stories in the Bible bring a lot of good things and can make great people, unfortunately most stay very close minded and OVER ANALYZE. Within various times of my following of this Faith I thought the Bible was meant to be taken literally, metaphorically, hypothetically, somewhere in-between, misinterpretation of events timelines, and other items. Now being a Buddhist I look at the book metaphorically for the most part except for the New Covenant dealing with Jesus prior to his sacrifice that I do believe happened under the conditions of which he thought he did. I think that MAN was a great one and had spectacular power(s) but I do not think he was the son of a “Creator God”, as I do not believe in one all powerful entity ruling this universe, or any other for that matter, that can do anything at anytime and has created everything that “is”. Some of us have already been gods ourselves in previous lives in different planes of the Samsara (Google it). Bottom line, Yeshua (Jesus) was a great guy all the way around... period.
I think my want and need to write has passed for now... I have always used this Blog as my primary outlet for creativity, ironically it just happens to be about religion... go figure... but sometimes it is hard to come up with something that makes sense and is worth reading at times... I will be digging more into Buddhist Scriptures in the coming weeks and will probably do other topic digging as well... and if an impulse post would happen to happen. So new stuff to come... that is not all over the place like this one turned out to be... He is a fact, and 2 quotes until next time.
Some Buddhist views on Jesus including Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama regard Jesus as a bodhisattva who dedicated his life to the welfare of human beings. It was recorded in 101 Zen Stories that the 14th century Zen master Gasan Jōseki, on hearing some of the sayings of Jesus in the Gospels, remarked that he was "an enlightened man", and "not far from Buddhahood".
Always challenge your Teacher - The Buddha
abyapajjha hontu (Pali),
Always keep your mind open... it gives you room to move around 
-automachi
The Logical Spiritualist

No comments:

Post a Comment