Monday, January 30, 2012

Sorry For Spoiling The Ending But...


Hello Readers and welcome back! I hope you all have been well, I know I haven’t been, but that is another topic. This is an impulse write so hopefully it will be decent and at least make you think, even if it is about how much you disagree with me. Enjoy!
Science has brought us many things but one thing it has not is closer spirituality, well I might be the exception and others like me but we are few in number... That is abundantly apparent. With nearly ever Faith with a somewhat dated timeline of creation science has disproved at least as far as the creation myths ever happened like canon said they did. I am sorry to those who did not like the previous statement but we have proof... do you?... There are few [religions] science not has proved all, or most of, whatever your holy scriptures said happen at the time of creation... The Big Bang is no longer a theory it is proven, and a great TV show, and we we can tell because the universe is still expanded and by calculating the expansion rate and then going backwards... or something to that effect. That is why we know the universe’s age is 13.75 ± 0.11 billion years old. I am sorry that most people follow Faiths that only date humans at 6,000 - 10,000 years old and that we know that homo sapiens have been around 200,000 years, and again we have proof of this. At a minimum you have to realize that these scriptures are metaphoric in nature, if not your a fool. 
However, ladies, gents, and germs that does not discount the rest of your religious scriptures and beliefs, you just cannot take your religions creation myth literally that’s all. Oh, better yet stop stop playing “guess when the world is going to end” game, Your End of Days garbage and I do not care what Faith you are, you could believe in aliens, it really makes no difference to me. That crap really annoys me... The most likely way the human species will die out will be due to 1 of 3 factors or a combination of more than 1 of the 3. 1, we blow ourselves or each other up, 2 by some type of space phenomenon (i.e. a meteor), and/or 3 some type of huge natural disaster (i.e. Yellowstone blowing it’s top). There will be no divine intervention we will just go extinct just like so many species before us. Sorry kids to spoil the ending but that’s how I see it and anybody with a decent amount of logic floating around in their heads. I hate the following phrase “end of days” implying an Armageddon in a spiritual sense, meaning a WWIII is totally plausible but there will be nothing supernatural on the battlefield. Sorry I just don’t feel it and neither do a lot of people who exercise logical thought. I feel things I know are going to come to pass... you know intuition, everyone has it... and my friends I was fool in a Faith where for most of the time I was told when we all were going to go. First it was by the rapture, then Y2K, then this, that, or another. Sorry for the rant but seriously?... Karma will catch up to false prophets...
Some Readers may think I am constantly bashing the Abrahamic Faiths and that is not my intention at all. It is to help give you a larger perspective and hope that you stay open-minded to the possibility that not everyone else is wrong at least about something that has to do with human life. The above rant wasn’t directed directly at sects within the just mention Faiths, I mean all that have a timeline to creation and/or have something apocalyptic that followers are always trying to put a date on. Just stop... think positive... The Pope said he believes in aliens... If you do not believe me look it up. 
You know one thing that did always bother me about Christianity specifically? I was always told that if you did not know and follow Jesus you would burn in a fiery lake. So I would ask what if some people didn’t know about him or have the Bible as a child. The answer I got  was “there is a church on nearly every corner.” Even as a child that did not sit well with me. What happened to the Mayans then, just because missionaries did not make them in time they have to burn for eternity? What about all the people before him or could have never known his message? I have never got a fitting answer to this question, especially “we just aren’t meant to know everything”. That is the answer you get when the person answering the question has no freaking clue what the answer even could be. It is because it does not fit in the paradigm that you are placing that Faith in. “I do not know” is a much better reply, that is acceptable and most within the Faith have accepted that you have to take some of the Bible metaphorically. There are still some that do not even within the U.S. and other Christian heavy countries and to be frank... that scares the hell out of me.
Anyway back on track, if I was every on one... take what science has proved and you can believe whatever else you want about everything else. It is not proven it is always up for debate. In some situations even with proof things are still up for debate... hint hint. 
I hope I got you thinking and remember. I respect all Faiths and do not mean any disrespect. If you are better yourself and other through it you are good in my book.
Keeping you thinking since 1981...
-automachi
The Logical Spiritualist 

No comments:

Post a Comment